Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ONE YEAR!!!

WOW. SO Georgie's one...One year old...how did that happen? We had this crazy start with a birth defect and a colicky baby and surgery and now she's one.

I don't remember much about when Theo turned one or what he could do but because Georgie's 2 years behind him I'm paying special attention to when she acquires skills he already has--because she's that much closer to being able to play with him and leave me alone for goodness sake.

Her birthday passed rather uneventfully (unlike Theo's which was a full scale party with games and costumes). I had her to myself all day and we went to the nursery to buy some flowers for the garden where she was awarded a pink balloon when the lady behind the counter discovered it was her birthday.

At present she can walk, though she'd rather crawl as she still lacks the confidence to do what her legs can do --and will do-- if she's not paying attention.

She has just enough hair for me to put up into what Greg refers to as "mousetails."

Her eyes will quite definitely be blue (unlike Theo's which had turned hazel by age one).

She can say: "Dada," "uh-oh," "bye-bye," "hug," "down," "upside-down," and shake her head "no"

She can also clap her hands, wave goodbye, play peekaboo, and blow a kiss.

She cannot sleep through the night.

She has a funny looking "umbilicus" which Greg refers to as "The Mouth of Sauron" and her heart is still quite visible pumping away just under her sternum, but apart from that, you never know there was a birth defect.

She's the strongest willed little monkey I ever met and will stare down pretty much anyone. She'll be a heck of a teenager.

But she's a mama's girl-- unless Daddy has food he's willing to share and she loves her brother and I'm definitely looking forward to year 2-- especially the part where I presumably get a full night's sleep.

3 comments:

Donna Farley said...

I especially love those mousetails!

Mr. P said...

yay! I am sure sleep will come soon...hopefully...

Kassianni said...

she's a sweet girl and that's the truth.