Thursday, January 8, 2009

WTF???


Okay--is there like an institution for jerks? Did they lose their funding? Or go on a field trip to the mall today??

Random lady in RW--"Um can you move your buggy so I can browse too??"

Random other lady at Starbucks--"Can you not park your stroller there??" I smile graciously, apologise and then move my stroller to the opposite side of the table. Then I bend over to get into the diaper bag in the cargo rack to retrieve a sippy cup. Same random lady again--"Your entire butt is in my face when you bend over like that!" I laugh and say "Yes it's bigger than normal these days." Random lady "It's not that-- it's just I turned and like it's right there!" WELL IT BLOODY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE ME MOVE MY STROLLER!!!! Why, oh why didn't I think of something really cheeky to say like "I know-- it's hotter than yours too!" Or "you just looked the type that might appreciate it."

....no seriously. What the hell is wrong with people???

I swear I'm like a jerk magnet these days. Like the other week when a lady in a Jeep honked irately at me for not waddling fast enough onto the ice rink of a sidewalk so that her stupid gas guzzler could take up the whole road at 50 clicks in the snow.

Did someone dump essence of bitch in the water supply or something? Or is it just some cosmic joke that world's biggest jerks seem to find as many pregnant women as they can to give a hard time to?

At least the bus driver was nice for a change...

6 comments:

Kassianni said...

wow. unREAL!!!
I'm sure you are much more gracious than I would be.

Mr. P said...

honestly. wtf indeed.

T. said...

Unbelievable! That is seriously abnomal behavior. I would NOT Have handled that as well as you did!

Donna Farley said...

Yes, I think there is something in the water supply. I sure hope the road is clear for us to get to the park and bless the Fraser this Sunday!

Donna Farley said...

Also, you know what? People are probably so grouchy about the two weeks of snow being in the way of everything they try to do (like get out of the parking lot at the funeral home the other day!) that they have zero tolerance for even a baby buggy being in their way too.

Russell said...

I heard the bus driver just called in sick too. That would explain his unusual behaviour :P