Thursday, March 5, 2009

There goes the bandwagon--and my butt hurts!!

Oh I am soooo pathetic. I give up TWO things for Lent: Facebook (so far a BIG relief) and coffee (except church coffee which, come on guys, really doesn't count). Today is day four of Lent and I couldn't handle it anymore. Tea just wasn't cuttin' it. My mother takes Theo on Thursday mornings for music class and I get the morning off and the only way I was going to avoid the housework itch was if I went out and the easiest place was Starbucks. And I'm just not going to have TEA.

But on the plus side my husband works from home and since his day's work involved mostly searching for client contact details online, he could come with me and bring the lap top. We had a lovely time. He worked while I scribbled in my journal. We had a REAL conversation for a change instead of the kind you have at the end of the day when you're too tired to be articulate or else you end up arguing over nothing.

So I figured if I get quality time with my husband out of my coffee obsession then it really doesn't count as falling off the bandwagon right?

3 comments:

RW said...

conversation is important.
critical really.

Kassianni said...

not at all.

T. said...

200% behind you on this one :)