Friday, November 7, 2008

Choir Party Dinner

So we're hosting our first choir party tonight since Greg became the new choir director at church. He's been working on music for us to sing (for fun) for weeks now and we have a pretty neat little repertoire of Renaissance, Orthodox, Baroque, and even Negro Spiritual. It's going to be great.

As always I'm thinking about the food. Since getting pregnant I've been little miss hostess trying to invent new and fancier dinners. We had my in-laws over last night and I tried this new recipe for peppery maple chicken and then did my usual vegetable mash with a few steamed greens. I also had a red lentil soup and a cheese platter for dessert.

The maple chicken was so successful I decided to try a recipe for Ginger Maple Salmon tonight. As it is a Friday we're supposed to be fasting. We've bent the rules a wee bit because we're celebrating but I actually like the challenge of inventing fast-friendly meals. I will hopefully be able to put up some really fun and tasty recipes soon.

1 comment:

Kassianni said...

yummy recipe. can you post it here?