Monday, November 17, 2008

My Week's Lenten Menu

Okay I'm actually having trouble finding ideas already and I'm not even properly fasting. Also, Greg and I have been farting something nasty since Friday. And I have to arrange for every meal to be somewhat adaptable for Theo. So I'm going to put up my menu for the week. Let me know if you have any good ideas.

Monday:

Dinner-
butternut squash whole wheat ravioli (no cheese, I checked)
roasted butternut squash (I know, redundant, but Greg asked for it)
vegetarian dolmades
avocadoes
olives
pita and humous
smoked mussels ( lot of deli stuff tonight)

Tuesday:

Lunch-
Soup-- either borscht or lentil and bell pepper

Dinner-
Soup again
Curried rice with shrimp
carrot and raisin salad
steamed greens

(Theo will need cheese on his salad, sour cream in his soup, and yogurt for dessert.)

Wednesday:

Lunch-
Soup again
Pita and humous

Dinner-
Sockeye salmon
yam fries
steamed greens

Thursday:

Lunch-
Leftover salmon
pita and humous

Dinner-
Eggplant lasagne (this'll have cheese, but Theo and I will need it and I figure one cheesy meal a week for a family with only one person who can fast properly is pretty good)
salad with pomegranate, onion, and avocado

Friday:

Lunch-
Soup--(either Lentil and Bell Pepper or Borscht)

Dinner-
Soup again
Jacket Potatoes with baked beans and sweet corn

Saturday:

Lunch-
Soup again
pita and humous

Dinner-
Veggie curry
coconut rice
yam fries

There you go-- as far as I got. I hope it gave people good ideas.

5 comments:

RW said...

how about some indian food?
there are some good vegetarian choices there.
we eat alot of hummous too.
and soup although I think I have mentioned I made some real duds last year.

Kassianni said...

those are some awesome ideas.
but you must tell me, what is a jacket potato?

Rhiannon Gascoigne said...

Oh a baked potato with filling-- it's a British term...

biss said...

Ooh! I love that you posted this! I have been having SUCH a hard time coming up with vegan ideas.

biss said...

I think we need to resurrect Sprucies in the Kitchen again..